On October 5th, we hosted the first Twitter Chat, #gTLDChat. Thank you to everyone who participated by sharing a wealth of ideas about what the new gTLD’s can do for a brand, as well as some of the challenges marketers encounter when socializing ideas for new gTLDs within their organizations.
As promised, below is a transcript of the #gTLDChat. The questions we asked were:
- The value of an online brand: What’s in a name?
- What new branding or other opportunities will you create with a TLD?
- How do you build community and affinity using a branded or genericTLD?
- What are your top constraints in for you or you see for others in obtaining a TLD?
- What is the most critical thing for you in regards to a branded TLD?
Special Note: We had such a great time and a lot of engagement about the new gTLDs that we’ve decided to host another #gTLDChat on Wednesday, October 19th at 12:30 pm ET. We’ll be discussing the ICANN Guidebook for new TLDs. We’ll post more details in a couple of days. In the meantime, mark your calendars!